Sunday, March 18, 2018

How we became homeschoolers...

I thought I might chronicle the steps taken to end up where we are now, with respect to education. This may help those considering homeschooling, a bit.

When my wife first became pregnant, I started researching education alternatives for children. I thought that was simply one of the duties of being a parent-- however, rarely it happens! I generally don’t imagine “everybody else does it”--that is, almost everybody defaults to using the government schools--is much of an excuse for skipping this duty.

I read, and read, and read. I discovered the authors were, almost without exception, former teachers in the government schools who had finally given up beating their heads against the wall, who finally could no longer stomach a job that required hurting kids to make a living, as Gatto put it. They were very informed about their subject matter. I found it impossible to read without a growing feeling of alarm, disgust, and sadness for the fates of the children stuck in these schools.

 I went to seminars. In one of these, I met Marshall Fritz, who founded the Alliance for the Separation of School & State. If angels walk the Earth, I am convinced Marshall was one of them. I was happy to join his forum and read more there. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Homeschool is booming, new study shows...
  2. Here’s how homeschooling is changing in America...
  3. Number of homeschooled children soars in America: up to 61.8% over ten years...
  4. “A” student kicked out by college because he was homeschooled...
  5. SWAT Team attacks homeschoolers with Tasers, pepper spray in warrantless...
  6. Cops remove 7 children from parents because they are home schooled...
  7. Police storm German homeschooling family’s house, seize children...
  8. US denies German homeschoolers asylum...
  9. The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by...

No comments:

Post a Comment